Sad day for footall, and America!
The NFL has parted ways with it’s long time Monday Night Football opening from Hank Williams Jr. after some comments he made last week about President Obama.
The Republican supporter had his opening pulled prior to this week’s game after an appearance on Fox News channel’s ‘Fox & Friends’ after comparing President Obama’s recent golf outing with Republican House Speaker John Boehner to “Hitler playing golf with (Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin) Netanyahu.”
Williams later apologized for his comments, saying he had been “misunderstood,” but it wasn’t enough. ESPN decided to part ways with the long time MNF fixture.
A spokesperson for the network said in a statement, “We appreciate his contributions over the past years. The success of Monday Night Football has always been about the games and that will continue.”
Yes, he should probably not have said his opinion if it was that controversial, however he does have his free speech, right?